Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ask Aniya! #1

"My girlfriend and I broke up last week after having dated for 7 years. I honestly don't know how to handle this change. I am a wreck. How do you suggest I deal with this?" - Depressed (J.F., Junior)

Your partner should be someone who complements you, not completes you. This is so that if break ups do happen, you are still able to stand on your own two feet. I understand break ups are tough, but there is more to life. At the same time, you don’t want to forget your past because that would indicate that you have something worth regretting, making you only feel worse. Like that famous quote goes, "it is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all". It all really is a learning experience. Something can always be learned from every situation, even those with the facade of a mistake. There really is no set solution to these things. Take things as they happen and just trust that any “bad” situation can be turned positive depending on how you choose to take it.

1 comment: