Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ask Aniya! #9

"My girlfriend and I go to different colleges across the United States. We still manage to talk and video chat everyday but all my friends keeps telling us that long distance never works and that we should break up. I really love her but I'm scared my friends might be right. What do I do?" - Stressed to the max (W.N., Junior)

It is your life, not your friends' so they don't know what you're going through. It's easy for them to tell you to break up with her because they are not in position. With that said, you have to realize on your own how strong your love for her is and how much you trust her. If you are happy with how things are going right now and know that once college is over, you guys will be together again (proximity wise), then there is no need to break up. However, even after college is over,  if you guys will still be living far away from each other, then maybe breaking up is necessary because long distance relationships have a history of failing, especially if the relative distance is closer to being permanent than temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment